Sunday, October 11, 2015

my spoilt airbrush :(

ahhh so it's been quite a while since i last posted. Didn't have the time to log on to my computer.

Anyways, a really tragic thing happened....my airbrush SPOILT D: i was just about to start airbrushing again a couple of days ago, set up everything and BAM no air was passing through my airbrush... usually people had problems like the paint not getting through, but for me, no air was entering the airbrush at all!

to those who are wondering what airbrush i was using, it was this classic made-in-china airbrush that looks something like this:

and holy crap i freaked out real bad and got really sad over it because that was my first airbrush and i frankly found it pretty alright to use (cleaning and disassembling was a pain in the ass though). 

so yeah anyways i went back to the shop distributing this airbrush, hoping to get it fixed but nope, it was beyond repair.

the owner of the shop was really puzzled as well... after disassembling the airbrush he could not find any part that was broken, clogged, missing etc etc. the airbrush looked perfectly fine but just no air came out of it!

well, and that was what happened to my first airbrush :(

nonetheless i had to get a new one and so i purchased this harder and steenback beauty at the shop:


it is the Harder and Steenback Ultra 2-in-1 Airbrush. considered the most basic of the H&S Airbrush series, I felt that it was actually quite enough for me as a beginner at this (and also my budget)

It's a really neat airbrush, with the parts being very simple to disassemble and clean up. It even came with two sets of nozzle and needle: 0.2mm and 0.4mm! The previous one i used was 0.3mm though, so i took a little while to get used to this H&S one (I'm currently using the 0.4mm only)

The main problems i have with this airbrush though, was the shape of the nozzle. it has got holes at the sides of it, and that made it impossible for me to cover the nozzle and spray to let the paint mix in the cup or to "clean the cup with thinner". Secondly, the cup was easily detachable (simple plug-in system) and i found that it might get quite loose sometimes.

Overall though, this is a really decent airbrush that would be pretty easy to use and get the hang of. it is also quite useful to use this and practise the basics of airbrushing before purchasing a higher-end one. Regarding the problems i mentioned, they are rather easily overcome. I am sure glad i purchased this lil guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment